Saturday, July 18, 2009

Whistler Family Vacation- Day 2












The upper lift on Whistler is the best of all of them. I am surprised that kids enjoyed these. I expected them to freak out. They weren't too scary because they are very smooth. The thing that struck us is how quiet everything is when on them: you're just floating in the air.































Looking down on the town




This is the official symbol of the 2010 Winter Olympics.










"Black Tusk"






















































































































Taking a break at the tea hut. It was pretty cool and breezy (around 7500 feet) so we got some hot chocolate here.













Apparently, instead of yelling "Cheese" I yelled "Everyone close you eyes"!



















Here I caught a biker tearing down the mountain (steeper than it looks)


















Bottom of the bike area. Some of the larger jumps are only used for big competitions I think.
My Smart Truck


I've always thought this old building/dock/whatever was neat so I finally pulled over a got a pic of it.



North side of Vancouver

No comments: