Sunday, April 26, 2009

Today was gorgeous and I took a little ride down south. I headed down Chuckanut road on the south side of Bellingham. It is very windy and runs along the water. One of the enjoyable things about riding is enhanced smells. The trees, flowers, and salt water are way more noticeable on a bike.
Lots of riders out today. It sucks getting stuck behind a group of slow Harleys with loud pipes. Man, I hate Harleys.


From the road you see the San Juan Islands and Vancouver Island too I think.




The southern part of Chuckanut ends near Skagit Valley with all of the tulip/daffodil/iris bulb farms. We are planning on taking the whole family there this coming week. It was a zoo there today being a weekend and sunny. I didn't hang around there that much because of the crowds. Four way stops in the country were backed up for a quarter mile in all directions even with police directing traffic. I just passed everyone on the shoulder and got out of there. I am sure it will be a lot better when we go during the week.













Somebody had better get fired: I see some red tulips!





















No comments: